Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 2012 PTI Blog Hop



Its Blog Hop time again! This month's photo inspiration and color combination completely screams summer.I had a little bit of trouble with this one because the colors are so many colors and I really wantes to use them all.


I used one of my flower fusion sets and stamped some of the flower and die cut the others. I finally also inked up the Turning a New Leaf set. I also used some of the new Melon Berry gingham patterned paper. Seems like I am usually drawn to the bit dot and striped so glad I could use this gingham in a different way.

The colors also inspired me to make a second card using my most-loved Double Ended Banner dies. I used the leafy patterns of Simply Chartreuse and Summer Sunrise along with the other colors and created a panel of banners. I embossed the sentiment from one of the Think Big Favorites in white.


Thanks for stopping by and see you around the Hop!

15 comments:

  1. Great job with the flower fusion stamps...they always intimidate me for some reason lol. I like how you overlapped the sentiment a bit onto your stamped image...really helps tie it together :) I think Betsy talked about that in one MIM video. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my banner die and cannot wait to play with it. Thanks for giving me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are so pretty Sherrie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both adorable...
    and love the way you were able to combine all the colors!
    Did you freak at 5?
    I know I did! :)
    I'm usually a 3 color person and any more than that I start freaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! I love all the flower fusion sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice set of cards. Both are different but really work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colors too - the paper strip card is perfectly balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your striped card! I'm such a sucker for strips of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards ~ the second one is my favorite ~ love the vertical banners!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for taking the time.