Tuesday, May 31, 2016

CASology #200 CAS


Its a big week at CASology - we're celebrating our 200th challenge! YAY! I'm so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful team.  

So what could be more fitting for this week's celebration than CAS as our cue word? Just as a reminder, CAS means clean and simple which is: 

1. One main image
2. Lots of open space--uncluttered
3. Limited layers and embellishments
4. Quick and easy to recreate (note--it may take a long time to get a design you like, but once you have that design, making more should be a piece of cake)

For my card, I used these fun speech bubbles from Lawn Fawn's Birdie Told Me set in different colors. I stamped them along one side to maintain open space and added two sentiments in two of the bubbles. 


So, we don't have a prize sponsor this week but to celebrate CASology's 200th, several members of the DT will be offering blog candy. Each DT member who is participating will select a random commenter from their blog who also linked up a card at CASology. Winners will be announced on each DT blog as well as on the CASology blog next Tuesday. 

Check out the fabulous CAS creations of the rest of the team - 


My prize is this Spellbinders Square die set and this set of Jennie Bowlin butterflies. I usually make my own die cut butterflies but sometimes you need a ready-made embellishment for a quick card so these vellum butterflies are fabulous. 


Now it's your turn! Remember to leave a comment here AND link up a card at CASology for a chance to win my blog candy! Can't wait to see what you come up with! 

Thanks for visiting and hope you'll come again soon! 

56 comments:

  1. This is so clever, Sherrie! Love how you staggered the speech bubbles in varying colors and framed your sentiment at the same time! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with Melissa! Love all the colour and the openness of the outline speech bubble. I just love that expression, 'You're the Bestest!' Makes me chuckle every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever and airy! Love the modern feel of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the open speech bubbles ... so light and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea!
    Love your CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, Sherrie. I have those speech bubbles, but never thought to use them how you did. Pinning this card to try myself someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab CAS card! Love your multi-coloured speech bubbles :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so perfectly CAS! Clever idea the way you used those speech bubbles.
    Thanks for the chance to win and congrats on the 200th Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome CAS card and very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you staggered the speech bubbles. Great CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherrie the outline speech bubbles are fabulously CAS, so much impact!

    ReplyDelete
  12. not seen these dies before and what a fun way to use them for a great CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant idea! I love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea, those speech bubbles make perfect frames
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. So crisp and still so colourfull; what a beautiful CAS-inspiration! 200 times; that are a lot of cards and even more comments! Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I love the pure simplicity of it, yet so perfect--it's so classy!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your bright and happy speech bubbles! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cool and crisp! How how you used these speech bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sherry, I have seen so many wonderful cards in this challenge. What a fantastic way to use the speech bubbles. Looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Sherry: Awesome card with those colorful speech bubbles, fabulous design.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So clever! Love how you've placed the rainbow coloured speech bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a simple but effective design. Love that sentiment and the attention to details in finding props to match the colours when taking your photo! Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cool card!!! Love the colors!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous! Love all aspects of this - from the image down to the design!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How much fun your series of speech bubbles are! CAS-ilcious, indeed! Happy 200th Challenge! Thank you for the blog candy and, especially, the amazing inspiration!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  26. How super clever to use multiple speech bubbles in multiple colours. Loving all the white space - great CAS card

    ReplyDelete
  27. clever use the stamp and the colors Sherrie
    I love your idea
    I will never think like this to use color and the Bubble speech
    great idea Sherrie
    beautiful CAS card
    and thanks for the chance to win your goodies
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a clever idea and perfectly CAS ~ thank you for the opportunity to win your blog candy xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sherrie, this is so clever...love the openness and the fun sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fun card! thanks for a chance to win, but if I am picked please draw another for I already have both of those ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a clever design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. A fun card, Sherrie. A big congrats to CASology and the design team for reaching this milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Terrificly fun card!! Congrats on the 200!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Terrificly fun card!! Congrats on the 200!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so cute! Love your overlapping speech bubbles. Such a great and simple idea. Happy 200th.

    ReplyDelete
  36. A great way to use those speech bubbles Sherrie! Love how you've filled a couple of them with the sentiments and kept all that white space!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those bubbles are great!! Happy 200th!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is one fabulous card...just love all your wonderful speak bubbles! Happy 200th challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely simple card but very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  40. LOVE your design,perfect...hugs...Željka

    ReplyDelete
  41. Adorably CAS and perfectly fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Simple and colorful. Loving this CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Clever card and the colors are awesome - they look so great with the set-up you used to photograph your picture!! Wonderful, fun and cool card!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I would say this is such a smart card!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great idea:) I like your CAS card :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  46. Stunning card, I love your CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful card & a clever CAS idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wonderful card and great idea with thise bubbles.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love speech bubbles. Your card is so cute!! Love how you used different colors for each bubble. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hey Sherrie!! Great card!! I love all of those speech bubbles.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for taking the time.