I'm honored and excited to be their guest designer this week using the word I suggested STRIPE.
I've been in love with the Ombre Builders set so I wanted to use the dotted stripe stamp. I love this stamp because the stripes are subtle and can be used for making great CAS backgrounds.
I stamped a monochromatic background using three colors - tropical teal, aqua mist, and hawaiian shores. I embossed the big sentiment from Wet Paint in black and stamped the rest of the sentiment below. To make the background stand out even more, I mounted the panel on a black card base.
And while I had this set out, I made another card.....
What I love about this dotted stripe stamp is that it reminds me of string. I stamped it in four bold colors on a smaller card panel slightly overlapping to look like string being tied around the panel. I mounted it on tropical teal card stock to highlight the bold colors.
Head on over to the CASology challenge to see what the DT has created with STRIPE. I'm excited to see what you all make....so many possibilities! And thanks to CASology for the opportunity to play along with you all!
Now maybe I should put this set away now and give some other stamps some love.....
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a great week.



Sherrie the perfect stamps to use for this weeks cue! The first one mimics a bar code almost. Thank you for being our guest designer this week!
ReplyDeleteLove these - you've really inspired me! Great to have you as GD this week!
ReplyDeleteSherrie this is such a gorgeous card! Love the ombre look and your stamping is PERFECT!
ReplyDeleteSherrie, this is a fun set, I can see why you love it! I adore both CAS cards...beautiful blues on the first, fun colors on the second! So nice to have you guest designing with us this week at CASology!
ReplyDeleteLovely Sherrie!!! So soft and the monochromatic so clean too!!! So nice to have you guesting with CASology!!! YAY!!!
ReplyDeleteThese are both fantastic cards. Love them so much. You are such an awesome guest designer, and I had no idea that it was you who came up with the cue word of stripe. So happy you did, because I loved playing with that word. Thanks so much for being our GD and for playing along at CASology this week.
ReplyDeleteVery clever - sophisticated and pretty too. Very nicely done! Just discovered your blog and will be subscribing. I really like your style.
ReplyDeleteSherrie, I think this set is the perfect fit for this week's STRIPE cue word!!! I, too, love the subtle stripes! The colors you used on your first card are so pretty together and I love how the sentiment pops against them!
ReplyDeleteI love how you positioned the stripes on your second card and the bright, fun colors you used!
We're so happy to have you joining us as our guest designer for this week's challenge! Thanks for suggesting such a great cue word! :)