I was inspired by my daughters' art lesson at school where they learned about warm and cool color palettes. I seem to create more with cool colors so decided this week I would challenge myself to create with warm colors as show in this photo below:
I used the Dandelion Dreams set from Clearly Besotted Stamps to create this field of flowers at the bottom of my white card base. I used the warm colors of PTI's Scarlet Jewel, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, and Raspberry Fizz. Keeping the focal point to 1/3 of the card is clean and simple technique. It preserves white space while maintaining balance. I nestled the sentiment among the dandelions. I'm loving this set so think I'll make similar cards in different color combinations.
Please check out what the DT did with WARM this week. I know you'll be inspired!
Deidre Payne
Hannelie Bester
Hazel Hodgkins
Jacquie Southas
Janet Ribet
Jen Wills
Joyce Mehrberg
Judy Marino
Kymona Tracey
Melissa Chipperfield
Rachel Bergfeld
Hannelie Bester
Hazel Hodgkins
Jacquie Southas
Janet Ribet
Jen Wills
Joyce Mehrberg
Judy Marino
Kymona Tracey
Melissa Chipperfield
Rachel Bergfeld
Guest Designer: Angie
Sponsor: STAMPlorations
So glad you stopped by! Can't wait to see what you post in the gallery! Have a great day.



Sherrie, this is so pretty! I love the warm colors and the layout at the bottom of the card. So pretty!
ReplyDeletei love everything about this card - just beautiful!
ReplyDelete