Tuesday, September 12, 2017

CASology #266 CAKE

Happy Tuesday friends! We're having a party here at CASology this week and celebrating with some CAKE



For my card, I wanted to keep the color scheme clean and simple so I kept to black, white, and red. I created my own patterned paper by stamping the cupcakes (from PTI Tiny Treats:Valentine) randomly across a white card panel. Now 'random' wasn't so random because I initially tried random and it was a mess - cupcakes too close to each other and then big gaps left elsewhere. Took me a few tries before I found a pattern I liked. I colored in the little hearts on each cupcake with a red Copic marker.

I cut the panel using a stitched angled die (from MFT I think) and adhered to Pure Poppy cardstock. Sentiment. The off-kitler angle adds interest and the large red area on the right was perfect for the large birthday sentiment from MFT Big Birthday Sentiments.


Now its time for you to join the celebration and create something with CAKE! Be sure to check out what my DT friends came up with to be further inspired and I'll see YOU in the gallery. 

Guest Designer:  Claire

Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

  1. Great card Sherrie, love those little cupcakes. Thanks for choosing me as your winner last week. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thank you so much for taking the time.